The National Immigrant Women’s Advocacy Project (NIWAP, pronounced new-app) is a national provider of training, legal and social science research, policy development and technical assistance to advocates, attorneys, pro bono law firms, law schools, universities, federal, state and local law enforcement, prosecutors, judges, court staff, social services and health care providers, justice system personnel and other professionals who work with immigrant women, children and crime victims. We offer assistance on a broad range of issues including access to services, safety and legal rights.
Please see this flyer for details, or see below:
Our technical assistance and resources cover the following topics:
- Legal rights under federal legislation (including immigration, public benefits, health care, family, language access) for immigrant survivors of family violence, sexual assault, stalking, dating violence, human trafficking, and other crimes
- Immigrant access to public benefits, legal, social, and victim services, the justice system, legal immigration status, work authorization, and preventing immigration enforcement, detention, and removal of immigrant victims
- Understanding and enforcing VAWA and confidentiality protections for immigrant victims
- Special issues that arise in family court cases that involve immigrant survivors and children, including custody, protection orders remedies, child support, abuse and neglect, special immigrant juvenile status, termination of parental rights, and discovery
- Assistance for judges and court staff to best serve immigrant litigants in court
- Building relationships with law enforcement, prosecutors and other government agencies that promote U Visa certification, T Visa endorsement, language access to law enforcement assistance, and improved justice system access for immigrant survivors
- Assistance with advocacy that benefits immigrant survivors (e.g. improving language access, U visa certification, and T Visa endorsement policies)
- Special issues arising for rural service providers
Materials Available on our Web Library
- Fact Sheets
- Bench Cards
- Guides and Manuals
- Comparison Charts
- State by State Demographics and Information on Public Benefits
- Tool Kits
- Training Materials
- Legal and Social Science Research, Articles and Policy Analysis
- Government Resources
- Screening Tools
- Techniques for Trauma Informed Care
- Referrals for victims to shelters, and domestic abuse and sexual assault and legal services
- Contact us to be added to our directory
- Up to date information on new laws and regulations
- Presentations on common issues and trends
- NIWAP staff and partners are available to serve as faculty for trainings for advocates, attorneys, police, prosecutors, judges and courts.
NIWAP’s technical assistance and this document are supported by Grant Nos. 2014-TA-AX-K030 and 2015-TA-AX-K043 awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions and recommendations expressed in this publication/program/exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women. Technical assistance to judges is provided under Grant No. SJI-15-T-234 from the State Justice Institute. The points of view expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the State Justice Institute.
One’s first factor for a good family existence is soundness. If the man is indeed suffering from erectile disfunction, a physician should be consulted. Presently thousands articles were published about https://your-excellent-choice.com/canadian/generic-propecia/. Probably you already know something about the matter. Once men are looking for medications to resolve sexual health problem. Very likely each adult has heard about Propecia cost. More information about this problem available at Buy finasteride online. Sexual health troubles can ordinarily indicate problems in other area. To minimize the risk of dangerous side effects of Cialis avoid using any other drugs without preliminary discussion with your physician.