This training has already occurred! You can view the slideshow and other handouts for the training at www.niwap.org/go/legalservices/.
Presented by DOJ, OVW, in partnership with NIWAP, National Legal Aid & Defender Association (NLADA), and the California Coalition Against Sexual Assault (CALCASA). Presenters Leslye E. Orloff, Director, and Benish Anver, Policy Staff Attorney, of the National Immigrant Women’s Advocacy Project (NIWAP), American University, Washington College of Law and Robin Murphy, Chief Counsel, Civil Programs, National Legal Aid & Defender Association (NLADA), will cover topics including:
- Expansions to immigrant survivors’ access to legal services under the new LSC 2014 regulations
- How immigrant survivors can access legal representation
- What legal assistance can be offered
- When immigrants can receive full representation
- How immigrant survivors can benefits from collaborations between LSC funded programs, advocates, and attornies
For further questions, please contact NIWAP at email@example.com or 202.274.4457.
This training was developed under grant number 2013-TA-AX-K009 awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions and recommendations expressed in this publication/program/exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women.